Hopeless and can't continue

by Eric

I'm a 42 year old black male with 3 children and going through a divorce with a women I have been with for 18 years. I recently was accepted to a university, I was going to go back to school for elementary education. I was told by my counselor that all my credits from my other university didn't matter much, I was a senior now they have me as a freshman.

Earlier I was walking on campus remembering calling my wife on my first day of classes to share with her my day. I also recalled when she went on business trips I would look forward to her calls about her day, now those days are gone.

Right now my wife is on a date and I'm home with the children. Not really watching them, ever since I got home from picking them up at school, I've just been in my room crying. I spoke with my wife earlier to tell her how I was feeling, but I got the feeling she doesn't care, and that hurts. Can someone please help me before it's too late.

Thanks desperate

Comments for Hopeless and can't continue

Click here to add your own comments

by: Kay

Thank you for contacting Positive Personal Growth. You have come to a point in your life when you have to look to the future. You have to concentrate on what you can do to make you happy and have a good relationship with the children, and remain on a civil relationship with your wife for the sake of the children.

Your wife is moving on with her life and as hard as this may seem, its what you have to do too. Sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself isn't a healthy thing for you or for your children.

Make a future for yourself and children. The past has gone, you have beautiful children who need you to look up to. Show them your strength, that you can cope, this will give them confidence and bring them security, they need it at this time, they will be very unsure of themselves at the moment.

Be strong, you can do this if you put your mind to it.

Good luck,

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Need Personal Growth Advice?.